Chuck has spent more than 25 years working within the investment industry. Starting as a part-time Marketing Assistant in the early 90s, he went on to become an integral member of one of the largest investment teams in Canada and then joined Odlum Brown Limited as a Portfolio Manager and Investment Advisor in 2014.
His extensive experience in the industry allows Chuck to understand a wide variety of investment options and select those best suited for his clients’ varying needs. This has evolved into his personalized investment approach that includes:
- Understanding the goals and objectives of each client. This is the most important step in the process, and Chuck allocates great time and attention to ensure that he is focusing directly on your specific needs. This may include situations such as working directly with your tax professional to implement tax-efficient strategies so that you keep more of your capital in your hands.
- Selecting securities based on client objectives and risk tolerance. Chuck utilizes a variety of research, including value-based concepts and recommendations from the Odlum Brown Model Portfolio, informed by Odlum Brown’s in-house Research Department, to best suit your goals.
- Ongoing monitoring of the economy and markets in search of attractive opportunities.
- Staying in touch with clients to ensure that he is aware of personal changes and how the portfolio strategy should be adjusted to meet your needs.
- Regular evaluation and review of the portfolio. It is imperative that you understand the portfolio performance and how it matches up with your goals.
The overriding principal is to always make sure that your needs come first.
To address your financial, retirement, estate planning and insurance needs, Chuck also works with the in-house specialists at Odlum Brown Financial Services Limited (OBFSL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Odlum Brown Limited.
Outside of the office, Chuck and his wife spend time with their two teenage daughters skiing, cycling and enjoying the outdoors. Of course, a cat and dog complete the family. He has also completed two Ironman Canada triathlons, along with several marathons and GranFondo cycling events in the Okanagan Valley.