Dan builds and manages comprehensive investment portfolios for high net worth investors. With 18 years of industry experience, Dan works with clients to help them achieve their financial goals and to understand investment products and strategies. Prior to joining the firm in 2000, he worked in the hospitality industry where he developed his natural communication skills and ability to form solid long-term relationships with his clients.
Dan provides Discretionary Investment Management to individuals and businesses with a minimum of approximately $500,000 in investable assets. The key benefits include:
- Delegation of the day-to-day investment decisions to a seasoned Portfolio Manager.
- Frequent client communication, monthly statements, informative quarterly analysis and portfolio updates.
- A portfolio management fee levied as a percentage of the assets under administration that is charged monthly.
- Fees that may be deductible for income tax purposes for non-registered investment accounts.
Dan also works closely with Odlum Brown Financial Services Limited (OBFSL) to provide solutions for retirement and estate planning, tax planning and risk management strategies*.
Dan collaborates with his clients to create portfolios that are aligned with their individual investment goals and objectives, time horizon and comfort with risk; ensuring investment suitability. By understanding the needs of his clients, Dan takes an independent contrarian approach that focuses on achieving an appropriate balance between fixed income products and equities. He also works to provide tax-efficient portfolio management strategies with an emphasis on accumulation, wealth preservation, and efficient distribution of income throughout a client’s retirement years.
Education and Industry Designations
- Canadian Investment Management Course (CIM)
- Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI)
Dan is an avid long distance runner and has completed over 30 half and full marathons, including the Boston Marathon in 2006. Born and raised in Vancouver, Dan and his wife are now raising a young family.
Learn more about the Corner Group.
*Available through Odlum Brown Financial Services Limited.