Mike joined Odlum Brown in 1993 and today, manages investment portfolios for high net worth individuals, families, and corporations. With 25 years of industry experience, Mike develops comprehensive investment and integrated financial solutions to meet the unique needs of his clients. As a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder, he is also committed to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct.
Mike is a realist and has a level-headed approach when it comes to investing. He understands that market changes are unavoidable over time so it is important to be open-minded and flexible. Following a contrarian strategy, Mike focuses on investing for the long-term using high-quality investments and diversification to manage risk. He ensures that every client receives the type of individual attention best suited to their lifestyle and needs, and aims to provide a level of service that exceeds their expectations.
Mike offers Discretionary Investment Management to individuals and businesses with a minimum of approximately $500,000 in investable assets. The key benefits include:
- Delegation of the day-to-day investment decisions to a seasoned Portfolio Manager.
- Frequent client communication, monthly statements, informative quarterly analysis and portfolio updates.
- A portfolio management fee levied as a percentage of the assets under administration that is charged monthly.
- Fees that may be deductible for income tax purposes for non-registered investment accounts.
Education and Industry Designations
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Finance from the University of British Columbia
- Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
In his spare-time, Mike enjoys playing and coaching hockey, as well as skiing, mountain biking and fly fishing throughout BC.
Learn more about the Corner Group.