CLIENTS FIRST. Always.
Patrick builds and manages investment portfolios for a broad range of professionals, business owners, families, and corporations from across Canada*. Clients can be assured that Patrick will take the time to build a relationship of trust, where their individual goals, values, and needs will be reflected in personalized investment recommendations.
Whether his clients require principal protection, income generation, capital growth, or a combination thereof, Patrick works diligently to look after each of their investment needs. This allows his clients to attend to what matters most to them.
Building Client Portfolios
Markets and economies are complex and dynamic entities. Successfully managing client investment portfolios requires the self-discipline and resolve to avoid herd mentality, and the flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances. Learn about the Odlum Brown difference.
Patrick focuses on four key elements in advising clients:
- Understanding the current macro-economic climate
- Selecting securities based on fundamental values and not market hype (never chase the crowd)
- Allocating assets between fixed income and equities for client-specific risk/return needs
- Minimizing tax burden through the efficient allocation of assets across tax-exposed or tax-sheltered accounts
In addition to the traditional transaction-based model, Patrick offers discretionary investment management. The key benefits include:
- The delegation of day-to-day investment decisions, allowing clients to focus on personal matters.
- Frequent client communication, monthly statements, and portfolio updates.
- A portfolio management fee levied as a percentage of assets under administration, charged monthly.
- Fees may be deductible for income tax purposes for non-registered investment accounts.
Patrick brings a diverse background to his role as a Portfolio Manager – ranging from extensive global travels, teaching in Yellowknife, NT, to running camps for children with disabilities. Coupled with his educational background in international development, these experiences allow Patrick to leverage his comprehensive expertise on the global economy to help his clients understand and capitalize on trends and events that are relevant to their investment strategy. Patrick holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Development Studies from the University of Saskatchewan. He also holds a Certificate in Estate Planning & Trust Strategies and is approved to trade options.
In his personal time, Patrick supports the Kelowna Special Olympics and spends the rest of his waking hours enjoying the outdoor recreational opportunities that the Okanagan provides with his wife and two young daughters.
*Currently registered in BC, AB, MB, NS, NU, NT, YT.