"I believe there is no magic to investing. Investors should work hard to find value investment vehicles and be patient enough for that value to be realized."
I spent the first 20 years of my working life as a Telecommunications Engineering Officer in the Canadian Armed Forces. Some of the professional highlights of my military career include being an integral member of the planning and operating team of the Canadian Army’s western area’s response to the Year 2000 changeover, and the planning of the G8 Summit in Kananaskis Country in 2002.
Most Canadians have heard at one time or another about the state of the military and its equipment, however the Armed Forces’ key asset remains its soldiers and their associated welfare. As a military officer, I was entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring the welfare of the soldiers under my leadership. This is a responsibility I always took very seriously. As your Portfolio Manager, I will serve your interests with the same dedication, ethical behaviour and sense of responsibility as I did while I served in uniform.
I feel my military experience has provided me with the tools essential to succeed as a Portfolio Manager, including:
- The moral and ethical sense to always put my clients’ interests before all else
- The ability to create workable plans
- The discipline required to stay the course
- The ability to react quickly to unforeseen events
- The communication skills required to nurture personal relationships (fluent in both English and French)
- The dedication to continuous professional development
I am committed to maintaining and augmenting my knowledge to better serve my clients.
- Royal Military College of Canada, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC, Bachelor of Science (1987)
- University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Master of Business Administration (2002)
- Chartered Financial Analyst charterholder; this program is administered by the CFA Institute and is recognized internationally (2006)
- Canadian Securities Course
- Conduct and Practice Handbook
- Professional Financial Planning Course
- Options qualified
My investment style is disciplined and value oriented. I consider investments within a total portfolio that, inherently, should provide a level of income, preservation of capital and protection against inflation through growth opportunities. I look for quality investments that are either safe, doing well or have growth potential that are often overlooked by the market. At the end of the day, I believe it is imperative to consider the expected return of a particular investment within a client’s risk tolerance.
My Commitment to You
- I will endeavour to get to know all about you to ensure we do not overlook any details that may impact your investment decisions.
- I will keep myself up-to-date within our industry to provide you with the best advice possible.
- If I do not know the answer to a question, I will research the issue for you.
- On-going communication. I will be here for you – in good and not-so-good times.
Please feel free to contact me for more information