Preserving your wealth for your family or personal legacy.
OBFSL can help you develop an estate plan to:
- Accumulate financial assets
- Protect your estate through a selection of suitable insurance products
- Transfer your estate to your family or personal legacy
Since the transfer of many assets results in a disposition (for tax purposes) of these assets, tax considerations are often an integral part of putting together such a plan.
To learn more about the estate planning services offered by OBFSL, please contact us through your Odlum Brown Investment Advisor or Portfolio Manager.
Preparing for Retirement
Achieve the retirement you desire.
Retirement affords you the opportunity of a new lifestyle, whether it is spending more time with your family, improving your golf swing, traveling, or starting a new business. Emphasizing a unique “Where Are We Now” approach to retirement planning allows you to see how your assets and income will develop over time. Helping you get a clear picture of where you are now is essential to assessing the need to change strategies in the future.
To learn more about the retirement planning services offered by OBFSL, please contact us through your Odlum Brown Investment Advisor or Portfolio Manager.
Visit our Investment Services section to learn more about Registered Retirement Savings Plans.
Tax Information Services
OBFSL brings a tax perspective to your retirement and estate planning strategy. Our objective is to help you obtain factual information about the tax implications of various investment decisions.
While we do not give tax advice, we help Odlum Brown clients identify risks, and opportunities for minimizing and deferring tax. We encourage clients to take this information and review it with their tax advisor prior to making any decisions.
To learn more about the tax information services offered by OBFSL, please contact us through your Odlum Brown Investment Advisor or Portfolio Manager.
Insurance and Annuities
Protecting you and your family from the uncertainties in life.
Insurance Planning identifies financial objectives and obligations which help determine if you should retain, reduce, avoid or transfer risk. This part of the financial planning process is designed to uncover these issues, determine what action should be taken as planning goals change over time, and develop strategies to manage risk using insurance products.
- Disability insurance can help you and your family maintain your standard of living by providing replacement income.
- In the event of death, life insurance can provide replacement income or pay off large amounts of debt such as a mortgage on the family home.
- Products like critical illness insurance can provide a ready source of funds for medical treatments during a serious illness, so that retirement assets are not depleted prematurely.
- An annuity can provide guaranteed lifetime income and offers many options to suit your needs, including single or joint life plans.
To learn more about the insurance planning services offered by OBFSL, please contact us through your Odlum Brown Investment Advisor or Portfolio Manager.